Newton Arbitration Limited (”we”, “us”, “our” or “Newton Arbitration”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting our site or by using our mobile application you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US
We will collect information that you provide directly to us when you use our Services. This includes:
Information regarding the use of our Services
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes:
- Information used to create your account (e.g., your name, address, password, email address and occupation);
- Account preferences;
- Information you post to our Services (e.g., text, photos, videos, links, documents, audio files).
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we collect information when:
- You fill out a form;
- Participate in contests or promotions;
- Communicate with us via third-party sites and services;
- Request customer support; or
- Otherwise communicate with us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
We log information when you access and use our Services. This type of information includes your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, URLs, device information, pages visited, time spent on a page, links clicked, user interactions and search terms.
Information Collected from Cookies
We also receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings.
The table below lists the types of cookies used by our Services, their purpose, duration and whether it is administered by Newton Arbitration or by third parties.
|TITLE OF THE COOKIES||PURPOSE||DURATION||ADMINISTRATION|
|User identification||They are used to identify and authenticate the user.
They also contain technical data of the user’s session, such as, for example, connection timeout, session identifier, etc.
|For the duration of the user’s session ie. On user being logged out or on logout||Own|
cookies on the Web
|Persistent ie. 365 days
|Google Analytics||They allow monitoring the website by means of the
Google Analytics tool, which is a service provided by Google for obtaining
information of the accesses of the users to the websites. Some of the data
saved for subsequent analyses are: number of times a user visits the website,
dates of the first and last visit of the user, duration of the visits, from
what page the user accessed the website, what search engine the user used to
reach the website or what link he clicked on, from what place of the world
the user accesses, etc. The configuration of these cookies is predetermined
by the service offered by Google, for which reason we suggest that you
consult the privacy page of Google Analytics, to obtain further information
on the cookies that it uses and how to disable them (in the understanding
that we are not responsible for the content or the veracity of the
Information Collected from Integrations
We may receive information about you from third-party websites that integrate our Services, including our widgets, buttons, and advertising technology. For example, when you visit a website that uses our social media widget, we may receive information about the web page you visited.
We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). You can revoke this consent at any time by changing the preferences on your device, but doing so may affect your ability to use all of the features and functionality of our Services. We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information on our Services, including by associating your content with a location, or we may derive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from other users and third parties, and combine that information with the other information we have about you. For example, we may receive demographic or interest information about you from third parties, including advertisers, and combine it with our own data.
We may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools that let you share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize our Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- When you use our Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit a post (law firm listing, events and video uploads) on our Services, visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see the content of your posts and the date and time you originally submitted the post, once the post has been approved.
- While your post is pending approval, it will not be made public.
- Users may share your post via social media through the Social Sharing option referred to previously.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts you submit through our Services may still be viewable or available on our servers.
- We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Except as it relates to advertisers and our ad partners, we may share information with business partners, law firms, general counsels, vendors, consultants and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us;
- If you participate in contests, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- In the event that Newton Arbitration or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets;
- We may share information between and among Newton Arbitration, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
ADS AND ANALYTICS PARTNERS
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device.
For example, we use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services.
As a user of our Services, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of, information about you. This includes:
We may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
You may delete your account information at any time by logging into your account and following the steps under “Preferences.” When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and disassociated from content you posted under that account. Please note, however, that the posts you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others, unless you delete such content prior to account deletion. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Advertising and Analytics
Some advertising and analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out.
Do Not Track
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Services.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Our Services are not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.