Schellenberg Wittmer’s arbitration practice is best known for its first-tier arbitration advocacy.
· complex, high-stake multi-jurisdictional disputes
· in a wide array of industry sectors
· under all arbitration rules
· in seats around the world, and
· under many different laws.
We are one of few Swiss based firms that handle international arbitrations on a truly global scale. We are also the only Swiss law firm able to offer international arbitration services to global clients from our base in Singapore.
We have particularly sophisticated expertise in
· construction and infrastructure
· energy (including renewables and oil & gas)
· life sciences and pharmaceuticals (including special expertise in IP-related disputes)
· hotel industry
· as well as having an unparalleled record in setting-aside proceedings before the Swiss Supreme Court.
Key types of work
Our key work is lead counsel in large multi-jurisdictional disputes highly specialized in the construction, energy, life sciences and commodities sectors, as well as in setting-aside proceedings in Switzerland.
Whilst focusing on counsel work, we also sit as arbitrator, which allows us to offer our clients insight into how an arbitral tribunal “works.” We are also at the forefront of trends and developments in international arbitration by being involved in academia and with arbitration institutions.
We have substantial experience in handling complex international arbitrations seated in common law and civil law jurisdictions worldwide in a broad range of industries, including the mining, shipping, trade, transportation and commodities sectors, and involving an array of applicable laws. Our representations range from pre-litigious advice over negotiation strategies, to mediation, conciliation, adjudication, dispute boards, arbitration, litigation, internal investigations and (pre-trial) discovery, as well as enforcement proceedings in Switzerland and elsewhere.
For more information, please see the source website