B.A. (Oxon), LL.B. (London), LL.M. (Harvard)
Can is a leading junior who combines a strong practice in international arbitration and commercial litigation (including civil fraud) with professional liability work and a busy commercial judicial review specialism, while also fostering a wider human rights and public international law practice, equivalent in depth and breadth to his commercial work.
Recommended as a leading junior in Chambers Global, UK Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for commercial litigation, international arbitration, and administrative and public law, comments have included the following:
- “He is fiercely clever but also a true team player; he knows arbitration inside out and is a very elegant and effective advocate”
- “Very persuasive…really inspires confidence”
- “His serious legal brainpower is accompanied by a deft touch with clients”
- “Extraordinarily easy to deal with. He can turn work around instantly and do a brilliant job. He doesn’t put a foot wrong”
- “Older and wiser than his call suggests… his drafting and advice are both top-drawer”
- “He has an excellent mind with a real talent for picking out the key issues in any given case”
- “Has a real edge over others the same age, in terms of sophistication and international mind-set”
- “Works quickly to produce incisive, articulate and persuasive work”
- “Our clients want him, listen to and trust him”
- “He’s incredible. He’s very nice, easy-going, charming and easy to speak with. He’s very knowledgeable, but is also a very modern barrister. He’s really good with clients”
- “A popular choice with clients and solicitors”
Can has also been ranked as one of ten “Stars at the Bar” practising at the Commercial and Chancery Bar by Legal Week Magazine where he was identified as potentially one of “the Bar’s true polymaths…able to advocate in a wide variety of legal areas, with seemingly effortless fluency”.
Can appears frequently in the High Court, has acted in numerous cases in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court, and acts in domestic and international arbitrations (under the LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL, LMAA, ICSID rules), as well as in applications before the European Court of Human Rights, the ECOWAS Community Court of Justice, the Federal Court of Malaysia, the Turkish Constitutional Court, and the Supreme Court of The Gambia. Can is admitted to the Bar of the DIFC Courts.
Further detail regarding Can’s areas of practice and experience can be found below and by following the links on the left hand side of this page: (i) under ‘Areas of Practice’; and (ii) ‘Cases’’.
For more information, please see the source website