The CEO of Newton Arbitration had the pleasure to interview Deva Villanúa during the 16th ICC Miami Conference on International Arbitration (see video on the Newton Arbitration platform).
Deva is a professional arbitrator and Vice-President of the ICC Court. Since 2002, Deva has been a lawyer in Armesto & Asociados, a boutique of arbitrators with an international, independent profile and a good business sense. Deva has been designated President of the Arbitral Tribunal, Emergency Arbitrator, sole Arbitrator and as party-appointed arbitrator in more than 35 cases; She has also acted as Secretary to the Arbitral Tribunal in more than 30 commercial arbitrations. Deva has been appointed arbitrator in one investment arbitration and has had an active involvement as assistant in more than 15 investment arbitrations.
Deva is the youngest person ever nominated by the ICC as arbitrator and as emergency arbitrator. She has been ranked by Chambers as Most in Demand Arbitrators in Spain and by Who’s Who Legal, and has been recognised in InspiraLaw’s Top 50 Women List.
Deva is a tutor in the Private Law department of Carlos III University in Madrid and is also a regular speaker and lecturer at many prestigious master programs specialised in arbitration.
- International Court of Arbitration of the ICC, Vice-President
- International Bar Association (Subcommittee of Investment Arbitration and Conflict of Interest Sub Committee).
- ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR (Task Force on Emergency Arbitrator Proceedings)
- Spanish Arbitration Club (CEA).
- Equal Representation in Arbitration (Steering Committee)
- Lisbon Chamber of Commerce
- Madrid Bar Association
- Madrid Economics Association